(AP) -- A new kind of silent hero has joined the fight against climate change. Santa Coloma de Gramenet, a gritty, working-class town outside Barcelona, has placed a sea of solar panels atop mausoleums at its cemetery, transforming a place of perpetual rest into one buzzing with renewable energy.
- Solar power game-changer: 'Near perfect' absorption of sunlight, from all anglesMon, 3 Nov 2008, 13:28:36 EST
- Making solar panels with cleaner, greener technologyWed, 23 Feb 2011, 12:12:32 EST
- Solar-thermal flat-panels that generate electric powerSun, 1 May 2011, 14:01:24 EDT
- Solar panels can attract breeding water insectsThu, 27 May 2010, 14:55:01 EDT
- Now you can determine the solar efficiency of your roofMon, 17 Oct 2011, 14:33:45 EDT