It doesn't tick, it doesn't have hands, and it doesn't tell you what time of day it is. But a molecular clock does tell time -- on an epoch scale. The molecular clock, explained S. Blair Hedges, is a tool used to calculate the timing of evolutionary events.
- Molecular path from internal clock to cells controlling rest and activity Tue, 7 Feb 2012, 23:33:21 EST
- Coordinating the circadian clock: Molecular pair controls time-keeping and fat metabolismFri, 6 Apr 2012, 16:34:59 EDT
- To Arctic animals, time of day really doesn't matterThu, 11 Mar 2010, 12:43:04 EST
- New role for ancient clockFri, 18 Jun 2010, 14:02:46 EDT
- Jetting off without the jet lagWed, 23 Jun 2010, 14:25:31 EDT