Humanoid robots have been used to show that that functional hierarchy in the brain is linked to time as well as space. Researchers from RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Japan, have created a new type of neural network model which adds to the previous literature that suggests neural activity is linked solely to spatial hierarchy within the animal brain. Details are published November 7 in the open-access journal PLoS Computational Biology.
- Robots show that brain activity is linked to time as well as spaceFri, 7 Nov 2008, 5:16:00 EST
- Researchers capture wave of brain activity linked to anticipationThu, 26 Feb 2009, 11:30:43 EST
- If only a robot could be more like a cockroachThu, 6 May 2010, 14:24:42 EDT
- Examining the brain as a neural information super-highwayThu, 2 Jun 2011, 18:34:36 EDT
- Scientists find how neural activity spurs blood flow in the brainThu, 26 Jun 2008, 11:29:46 EDT