People who survive a heart attack face the greatest risk of dying from sudden cardiac death (SCD) during the first month after leaving the hospital, according to a long-term community study by Mayo Clinic researchers of nearly 3,000 heart attack survivors.
- Mayo Clinic study finds risk of sudden cardiac death highest early after attackTue, 4 Nov 2008, 16:36:15 EST
- Risk of sudden cardiac death appears increased within 30 days of heart attackTue, 4 Nov 2008, 16:36:13 EST
- Mayo Clinic study guides physicians using therapeutic cooling to treat cardiac arrest patientsThu, 20 Oct 2011, 14:39:15 EDT
- Sleep apnea may be risk factor for sudden cardiac death, Mayo Clinic research concludesMon, 10 Nov 2008, 9:24:00 EST
- Death of spouse, child may cause higher heart rate, other dangersSun, 14 Nov 2010, 12:33:25 EST