Researchers at McGill University, King's College London and GlaxoSmithKline Inc. have identified two genetic variants in caucasians that together produce an astounding sevenfold increase the risk of male pattern baldness. Their results will be published Oct. 12 in the journal Nature Genetics.
- Researchers discover baldness gene: 1 in 7 men at riskSun, 12 Oct 2008, 13:28:31 EDT
- Baldness linked to increased risk of coronary heart diseaseWed, 3 Apr 2013, 22:06:29 EDT
- Scientists identify gene linked to common birth defect in male genitaliaMon, 29 Nov 2010, 10:34:00 EST
- Genetic variant increases risk of common type strokeSun, 5 Feb 2012, 22:21:36 EST
- Male pattern balding may be due to stem cell inactivation, according to Penn studyTue, 4 Jan 2011, 13:41:20 EST