University of Iowa researchers and collaborators have found, in a previously identified gene, a variation that likely contributes to one in five cases of isolated cleft lip. It is the first time a genetic variant has been associated with cleft lip alone, rather than both cleft lip and palate.
- Study finds genetic variant plays role in cleft lipMon, 6 Oct 2008, 11:21:46 EDT
- Novel genes associated with risk for oral cleft malformation identifiedMon, 3 May 2010, 13:10:35 EDT
- Cleft lip and palate: Genes more important than thought?Sun, 8 Mar 2009, 15:50:41 EDT
- Growth factor gene shown to be a key to cleft palateTue, 2 Feb 2010, 14:10:20 EST
- Genetic profile reveals susceptibility to cleft palateMon, 15 Sep 2008, 12:21:57 EDT