The 2008 presidential campaign has been running for a very long time, but we have now entered another phase with the commencement of the debates. Friday night saw the first presidential debate of 2008, between John McCain and Barack Obama. Content analysis, by a University of Missouri expert in campaigns, reveals that most of the statements in this debate were positive (53 percent), followed by attacks (39 percent) and defenses (9 percent).
- MU expert looks back to debate 1 and forward to the vice presidential debateMon, 29 Sep 2008, 14:35:23 EDT
- Presidential debates are mostly positive and emphasize policyWed, 24 Sep 2008, 16:07:47 EDT
- MU expert says presidential debates likely to be as significant as 1960 Kennedy-Nixon debateTue, 23 Sep 2008, 13:21:44 EDT
- Viewers will receive greatest benefit in presidential town hall debateFri, 3 Oct 2008, 16:35:29 EDT
- MU professor analyzes presidential debatesTue, 21 Oct 2008, 11:22:16 EDT