Young adults with a bicuspid aortic valve, a congenital heart abnormality, experience subsequent cardiac events but do not appear to have lower survival rates compared to the general population, according to a study in the September 17 issue of JAMA.
- Adults with aortic valve disorder do not experience reduction in survival rateTue, 16 Sep 2008, 17:28:40 EDT
- Study examines risk of aortic complications among patients with common congenital heart valve defectTue, 13 Sep 2011, 20:34:38 EDT
- First-degree relatives of patients with bicuspid aortic valve should be screenedWed, 10 Jun 2009, 10:38:20 EDT
- Genetic variation doubles risk of aortic valve calcificationWed, 6 Feb 2013, 23:33:30 EST
- Expandable prosthesis resolves advanced aortic valve diseaseFri, 30 Sep 2011, 21:33:22 EDT