Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 22:43 in Paleontology & Archaeology
If you are curious about Earth's periodic mass extinction events such as the sudden demise of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, you might consider crashing asteroids and sky-darkening super volcanoes as culprits.
- Ebb and flow of the sea drives world's big extinction eventsMon, 16 Jun 2008, 1:56:48 EDT
- The mystery of mass extinctions is no longer murkyTue, 17 Jun 2008, 17:21:55 EDT
- Princeton release: Massive volcanoes, meteorite impacts delivered one-two death punch to dinosaursThu, 17 Nov 2011, 15:54:20 EST
- New findings show a quick rebound from marine mass extinction eventFri, 2 Oct 2009, 11:54:33 EDT
- New technique unlocks secrets of ancient oceanTue, 11 Oct 2011, 13:35:27 EDT