(AP) -- Tapping on fake instruments and screeching into microphones connected to video game consoles has become lucrative for both the music and gaming industries. Downloadable tunes for music-based games "Guitar Hero," "Rock Band" and "SingStar" have become as vital as iTunes itself - and one of the last ways to expose youngsters to classic rock.
- Video games lead innovation in the e-services economyThu, 18 Nov 2010, 11:02:25 EST
- Kinder, gentler video games may actually be good for playersMon, 6 Jun 2011, 12:35:14 EDT
- Get rhythm -- why the key to finding music you like is rhythm, not genreThu, 20 May 2010, 2:32:11 EDT
- Images for 3-D video games without high price tags or stretch marks from UC San DiegoTue, 12 Aug 2008, 15:21:54 EDT
- Moderate use of video games can be a very useful educational tool for teaching childrenThu, 11 Mar 2010, 9:24:24 EST