A new study led by the University of Colorado at Boulder has shown the testosterone of male North American barn swallows skyrocketed early in the breeding season when their breast colors were artificially enhanced by researchers, indicating the clothes -- or in this case, the feathers -- make the man.
- For barn swallows, feathers make the man, says CU-Boulder studyMon, 2 Jun 2008, 13:08:28 EDT
- University of Colorado study shows natural antioxidants give top barn swallows a leg on competitorsWed, 24 Feb 2010, 20:40:19 EST
- New barn swallow study reveals image makes the birdMon, 2 Jun 2008, 13:08:24 EDT
- Study points to role of antioxidant balance in bird health and reproductionThu, 25 Feb 2010, 9:13:01 EST
- Birds of a feather don't always stick togetherSat, 21 Jan 2012, 0:34:01 EST