Friday, May 4, 2012 - 13:40 in Earth & Climate
Despite a 10 percent goal for 2020, just 1.6 percent of marine areas have been set aside for protection.
- Data revealing migrations of larval reef fish vital for designing networks of marine protected areasTue, 12 Jul 2011, 2:33:17 EDT
- Ongoing global biodiversity loss unstoppable with protected areas alone: StudyThu, 28 Jul 2011, 14:48:01 EDT
- Size matters: Large Marine Protected Areas work for dolphinsTue, 27 Mar 2012, 17:36:35 EDT
- Preserving 4 percent of the ocean could protect most marine mammal species, study findsMon, 29 Aug 2011, 20:32:39 EDT
- Marine species at risk unless drastic protection policies put in placeWed, 22 Aug 2012, 1:05:35 EDT