Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 16:40 in Biology & Nature
The fungus causes white-nose syndrome, a disease that has killed more than 5.5 million bats in North America since being discovered in a cave in upstate New York in 2006.
- Newly identified fungus implicated in white-nose syndrome in batsThu, 30 Oct 2008, 14:36:41 EDT
- Death in the bat caves: Disease wiping out hibernating batsThu, 3 Feb 2011, 9:33:38 EST
- Death in the bat caves: UC Davis experts call for action against fast-moving diseaseWed, 2 Feb 2011, 17:35:30 EST
- Death in the bat caves: UC Davis experts call for action against fast-moving diseaseWed, 19 Jan 2011, 10:35:25 EST
- The zombie-ant fungus is under attack, research revealsWed, 2 May 2012, 20:31:57 EDT