The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Sandia National Laboratories and Texas Tech University commissioned the DOE/Sandia Scaled Wind Farm Technology (SWiFT) facility today at the Reese Technology Center in Lubbock, Texas. The SWiFT is the first public facility of its kind to use multiple wind turbines to measure how wind turbines interact with one another in a wind farm.
- Bold new approach to wind 'farm' design may provide efficiency gainsWed, 13 Jul 2011, 15:36:39 EDT
- Power generation is blowing in the windTue, 17 Jan 2012, 17:34:47 EST
- 'Smart turbine blades' to improve wind powerFri, 1 May 2009, 14:38:01 EDT
- Optimizing large wind farmsTue, 23 Nov 2010, 17:02:59 EST
- Offshore use of vertical-axis wind turbines gets closer lookMon, 30 Jul 2012, 23:21:45 EDT