Even if you live more than 1,000 miles from the nearest large city, it could be affecting your weather. New research shows that the heat generated by everyday activities in metropolitan areas influences major atmospheric systems, raising and lowering temperatures over thousands of miles.
- Cities affect temperatures for thousands of milesSun, 27 Jan 2013, 14:33:13 EST
- 42,226 daily temperature readings, and countingFri, 7 May 2010, 10:46:45 EDT
- Reducing work commutes not easy in some cities, study suggestsThu, 25 Sep 2008, 16:07:37 EDT
- Earthquakes may endanger New York more than thought, says studyThu, 21 Aug 2008, 18:21:48 EDT
- Stratosphere targets deep sea to shape climateSun, 23 Sep 2012, 18:32:35 EDT