The University of California, San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering announced today that it is a Grand Challenges Explorations winner, an initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Bioengineering Professor Todd Coleman, in collaboration with Materials Science and Engineering Professor John A. Rogers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, will pursue an innovative global health and development research project, titled "Epidermal Electronics for Continuous Pregnancy Monitoring."
- Scientific Grand Challenges identified to address global sustainabilityThu, 11 Nov 2010, 17:03:20 EST
- New method makes vaccines stable at tropical temperaturesWed, 17 Feb 2010, 14:38:32 EST
- Smart, self-healing hydrogels open far-reaching possibilities in medicine, engineering Mon, 5 Mar 2012, 17:34:50 EST
- Engineers, doctors at UCLA develop novel material that could help fight arterial diseaseWed, 25 Nov 2009, 18:03:54 EST
- Metabolism models may explain why Alzheimer's disease kills some neuron types firstMon, 6 Dec 2010, 16:09:11 EST