Researchers have automated the process of finding and recording information from neurons in the living brain. A robotic arm guided by a cell-detecting computer algorithm can identify and record from neurons in the living mouse brain with better accuracy and speed than a human experimenter.
- Robot reveals the inner workings of brain cellsMon, 7 May 2012, 12:35:06 EDT
- Using synthetic evolution to study the brain: Researchers model key part of neuronsFri, 2 Oct 2009, 11:22:49 EDT
- UCLA researchers make first direct recording of mirror neurons in human brainMon, 12 Apr 2010, 16:23:56 EDT
- Scientists discover a molecular scaffold that guides connections between brain cellsTue, 20 May 2008, 17:56:44 EDT
- Investigators discover a new hot spot for the genesis of signaling neurons in the adult brainThu, 9 Sep 2010, 9:44:53 EDT