Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 09:01 in Psychology & Sociology
It took only 13 seconds for Minneapolis I-35W bridge to collapse and plummet into the Mississippi River. Sabotage? Not that time, but such a scenario is indeed possible, and DHS and its partners is testing to prevent it.
- U of Minnesota's independent study of the I-35W bridge collapse results parallel NTSB reportThu, 20 Nov 2008, 12:23:27 EST
- Crossing the gap: Civil engineers develop improved method for detecting, measuring bridge damageThu, 19 Jul 2012, 13:07:23 EDT
- Minneapolis disaster spawning new concepts in bridge research, testing and safetyTue, 16 Nov 2010, 18:03:21 EST
- Researchers tackle collapsing bridges with new technologyWed, 1 May 2013, 5:02:19 EDT
- How highway bridges sing -- or groan -- in the rain to reveal their healthMon, 22 Oct 2012, 17:37:36 EDT