Manipulating Molecules in the Heart Protects Mice on High-Fat Diets From Obesity, Affects Metabolism
Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 11:31 in Health & Medicine
UT Southwestern researchers have demonstrated for the first time that the heart can regulate energy balance throughout the body, a finding that may point to more effective treatments for obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Certain obese people are not at high risk of heart disease, diabetesSat, 19 Jun 2010, 14:22:29 EDT
- 'Master switch' gene for obesity and diabetes discoveredSun, 15 May 2011, 17:32:49 EDT
- Obesity as protection against metabolic syndrome, not its causeMon, 8 Mar 2010, 12:30:16 EST
- Substance in tangerines fights obesity and protects against heart disease Wed, 6 Apr 2011, 17:04:33 EDT
- Metabolic abnormalities in obese teens may relate to poor dietsTue, 22 Mar 2011, 17:03:53 EDT