NYU biologists have discovered new mechanisms that control how proteins are expressed in different regions of embryos, while also shedding additional insight into how physical traits are arranged in body plans. Their findings call for reconsideration of a decades-old biological theory.
- Long-held genetic theory doesn't quite make the grade, NYU biologists find Thu, 26 Apr 2012, 21:13:47 EDT
- U-M discovery about biological clocks overturns long-held theoryThu, 8 Oct 2009, 14:28:04 EDT
- Biologists uncover regulatory mechanism for gene expression in the visual systemThu, 9 Jun 2011, 22:35:25 EDT
- Plant biologists dissect genetic mechanism enabling plants to overcome environmental challengeWed, 3 Aug 2011, 10:34:55 EDT
- Caltech researchers revise long-held theory of fruit-fly developmentThu, 17 Dec 2009, 15:55:54 EST