Space Astronomy Archive and Distant Supernova Are Named in Honor Of U.S. Senator Barbara A. Mikulski
One of the world's largest astronomy archives, containing a treasure trove of information about myriad stars, planets, and galaxies, has been named in honor of the United States Senator from Maryland, Barbara A. Mikulski. Called MAST, for the Barbara A. Mikulski Archive for Space Telescopes, the huge database contains astronomical observations from 16 NASA space astronomy missions, including the Hubble Space Telescope. The archive is located at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, Md.
- 4 unusual views of the Andromeda GalaxyThu, 21 Jul 2011, 6:08:06 EDT
- Hubble observations of supernova reveal composition of 'star guts' pouring outThu, 2 Sep 2010, 14:44:49 EDT
- What will Webb see? Supercomputer models yield sneak previewsWed, 3 Nov 2010, 17:05:09 EDT
- Collision of galaxy clusters captured by astronomersWed, 27 Aug 2008, 14:28:28 EDT
- Astronomers weigh the coldest brown dwarfs with astronomy's sharpest eyesMon, 2 Jun 2008, 16:07:44 EDT