The new book, "Jerusalem in World War I: The Palestine Diary of a European Diplomat," is the first English translation of the diary of Spanish counsel Conde de Ballobar. The book, by Western Illinois University Assistant History Professor Roberto Mazza, gleans the recorded events Ballobar witnessed as well as his experiences and insights into late Ottoman Jerusalem. His diary also included a detailed account of local churches battles to control the city's holy sites, the spread of Zionism and the establishment of British rule.
- Kaiser Permanente study finds keeping a food diary doubles diet weight lossTue, 8 Jul 2008, 9:22:02 EDT
- Intensive care diaries protect patients from PTSDThu, 16 Sep 2010, 9:36:18 EDT
- Oldest written document ever found in Jerusalem discovered by Hebrew UniversityMon, 12 Jul 2010, 10:23:28 EDT
- Fluent English speakers translate into Chinese automaticallyTue, 14 Jun 2011, 22:33:58 EDT
- Bedrock of a holy city: the historical importance of Jerusalem's geologyMon, 19 Oct 2009, 13:36:48 EDT