Beans, pulses and legumes can be classified as either vegetables or proteins under the new USDA dietary guidelines, giving them an important role in a person's daily diet, an expert panel said at the Institute of Food Technologists' Wellness 12 meeting.
- New rust resistance genes added to common beansFri, 4 Jun 2010, 10:16:26 EDT
- Proteins in unroasted coffee beans may become next-generation insecticidesWed, 31 Mar 2010, 12:18:31 EDT
- Proteins in unroasted coffee beans may become next-generation insecticidesThu, 20 May 2010, 11:29:33 EDT
- US Patent Office rejects company's claim for bean commonly grown by Latin American farmersWed, 30 Apr 2008, 17:14:06 EDT
- Component of vegetable protein may be linked to lower blood pressureMon, 6 Jul 2009, 18:15:29 EDT