Thirty-five years after a landmark report documented minority women as the most underrepresented individuals in science, engineering, medicine and dentistry, dramatic improvements have occurred for women of color, but serious obstacles remain. That was the message from a report here at the 243rd National Meeting & Exposition of the American Chemical Society (ACS), the world's largest scientific society.
- US women and minority scientists discouraged from pursuing STEM careers, national survey showsMon, 22 Mar 2010, 11:43:43 EDT
- Women faring well in hiring process for science faculty jobs at research universitiesTue, 2 Jun 2009, 11:26:44 EDT
- Diverse surgeons initiative effectively increases underrepresented minorities in academic surgeryMon, 1 Nov 2010, 12:33:05 EDT
- Choices -- not discrimination -- determine success for women scientists, Cornell researchers sayMon, 7 Feb 2011, 15:36:35 EST
- Study shows why underrepresented men should be included in binge eating research Wed, 26 Oct 2011, 12:35:18 EDT