The Hunger Games, a New Film About an Adolescent Fight-to-the-Death Contest, Reflects Society's Anxiety About 'Dog-Eat-Dog Capitalism,' Baylor University Culture Critic Says
The movie The Hunger Games, a story about adolescents in a post-apocalyptic survival contest, opens in theaters March 23 and offers "a perfect tale of apprehension for our time" of financial upheaval and a bleak job market, says a Baylor University culture critic and author.
- Online games as social meeting placesTue, 12 Oct 2010, 9:34:03 EDT
- Seasonal hunger devastating and under-recognizedTue, 30 Jun 2009, 7:31:38 EDT
- When video games get problematic so do smoking, drug use and aggressionMon, 15 Nov 2010, 11:37:37 EST
- Teaching computer gamesThu, 21 Jan 2010, 11:19:24 EST
- Teen drunkenness levels converge across cultures, by genderMon, 4 Oct 2010, 17:02:20 EDT