A research team has reprogrammed skin cells to identify epigenetic signatures that regulate the expression of a protein critical for repair of non-healing wounds. Identification of these signatures holds promise for future research aimed at applying these cells for personalized tissue regeneration.
- Human embryonic stem cells and reprogrammed cells virtually identicalThu, 5 Aug 2010, 12:30:18 EDT
- Adult stem cells carry their own baggage: Epigenetics guides stem cell fateThu, 30 Jun 2011, 13:36:20 EDT
- Penn scientists use RNA to reprogram 1 cell type into anotherThu, 16 Apr 2009, 14:30:05 EDT
- Scientists discover an epigenetic cause of osteoarthritisFri, 6 Jul 2012, 15:04:15 EDT
- Using own skin cells to repair hearts on horizonTue, 2 Mar 2010, 12:52:43 EST