A pair of related studies on smoking cessation by researchers at the University of Oregon and other institutions have isolated the brain regions most active in controlling urges to smoke and demonstrated the effectiveness of text-messaging to measure and intervene in those urges.
- Text messaging helps smokers break the habitTue, 8 Mar 2011, 10:27:22 EST
- Text messaging helps smokers break the habitTue, 8 Mar 2011, 23:43:40 EST
- Certain parts of the brain activated in people who heard tailored health messages and quit smokingMon, 28 Feb 2011, 11:35:52 EST
- Quitline messages that stress benefits of quitting may improve smoking cessationThu, 7 Jan 2010, 16:28:47 EST
- Text message support for smokers doubles quit ratesThu, 30 Jun 2011, 5:03:38 EDT