A common form of dwarfism is caused by a single genetic mutation. If a scientist could figure out precisely how this errant protein causes trouble, then a way to prevent the condition might be found. Sounds like a job for a biologist. But what about an engineer?
- Editing-molecule mutation causes fatal primordial dwarfismThu, 7 Apr 2011, 14:34:32 EDT
- Dealing with dwarfismThu, 2 Apr 2009, 12:27:03 EDT
- Genetic clue to common birth defects foundThu, 12 May 2011, 15:24:05 EDT
- CSHL scientists use next-gen sequencing to rapidly discover genetic cause of devastating disorderWed, 13 Jan 2010, 10:26:12 EST
- Scientists uncover secrets of how intellect and behavior emerge during childhoodThu, 8 Nov 2012, 17:35:11 EST