With concern over mercury contamination of tuna on the rise and growing information about the health effects of eating contaminated fish, scientists would like to know exactly where the pollutant is coming from and how it's getting into open-ocean fish species.
- Mercurial tuna: Study explores sources of mercury to ocean fishTue, 2 Mar 2010, 9:45:21 EST
- Mercury releases contaminate ocean fish: Dartmouth-led effort publishes major findingsMon, 3 Dec 2012, 16:35:58 EST
- Why mercury is more dangerous in oceansSun, 27 Jun 2010, 13:29:37 EDT
- Pitt researchers use fluorescence to develop method for detecting mercury in fishTue, 18 Nov 2008, 16:29:32 EST
- Mercury is higher in some tuna species, according to DNA barcodingWed, 21 Apr 2010, 3:20:58 EDT