Advances in computerized modeling and prediction of group behavior, together with improvements in video game graphics, are making possible virtual worlds in which defense analysts can explore and predict results of many different possible military and policy actions, say computer science researchers at the University of Maryland in a commentary published in the November 27 issue of the journal Science.
- Building real security with virtual worldsThu, 26 Nov 2009, 14:39:36 EST
- Understanding interaction in virtual worldsWed, 23 Dec 2009, 11:43:30 EST
- The 2 worlds of kids' moralsMon, 2 Mar 2009, 12:32:49 EST
- Played by humans, scored by nature, online game helps unravel secrets of RNATue, 11 Jan 2011, 9:21:43 EST
- Bizarre bird behavior predicted by game theoryTue, 24 Feb 2009, 22:23:49 EST