In an advance that could help transform embryonic stem cells into a multipurpose medical tool, scientists at the University of Wisconsin-Madison have transformed these versatile cells into progenitors of white blood cells and into six types of mature white blood and immune cells.
- Scientists make multiple types of white blood cells directly from embryonic and adult stem cellsMon, 10 Aug 2009, 17:46:24 EDT
- A fateful pauseThu, 8 Jul 2010, 13:24:36 EDT
- Study finds blood cells can be reprogrammed to act as embryonic stem cellsMon, 20 Apr 2009, 14:28:41 EDT
- Biologists image birth of blood-forming stem cells in embryoSun, 14 Feb 2010, 13:27:20 EST
- Stowers study hints that stem cells prepare for maturity much earlier than anticipatedThu, 27 Dec 2012, 16:02:45 EST