Laughing Hyenas, Wailing Levees, the Sound of Cheese, and Blaring Bagpipes: Highlights of the 157th ASA Meeting
Friday, April 24, 2009 - 12:35 in Biology & Nature
Deteriorating screws in bridges, fish that listen in the dark, medical devices that use sound to treat disease, the detected comeback of a long-gone whale, the sound of hyenas, cheese, and bagpipes, and what evolution can teach us about cowardice.
- Laughing hyenas, wailing levees, the sound of cheese and blaring bagpipesFri, 24 Apr 2009, 13:36:07 EDT
- Hyenas' laughter signals decipheredMon, 29 Mar 2010, 19:56:45 EDT
- Sound medicineFri, 27 Jun 2008, 9:56:46 EDT
- It’s not over when it's over: Storing sounds in the inner earTue, 5 Apr 2011, 13:03:52 EDT
- A good ear: Rats identify specific sounds in noisy environmentsTue, 18 Nov 2008, 12:51:16 EST