An international research team has been able to identify an asteroid in space before it entered Earth's atmosphere, enabling computers to determine its area of origin in the solar system as well as predict the arrival time and location on Earth of its shattered surviving parts.
- Asteroid monitored from outer space to ground impactWed, 25 Mar 2009, 17:17:11 EDT
- Asteroid impact helps trace meteorite originsWed, 25 Mar 2009, 14:22:30 EDT
- Asteroid ice may be 'living fossil' with clues to oceans' originsWed, 28 Apr 2010, 14:52:51 EDT
- Solar system's young twin has 2 asteroid beltsMon, 27 Oct 2008, 12:00:58 EDT
- Solar wind tans young asteroidsWed, 22 Apr 2009, 13:45:00 EDT