On the cutting edge of chemistry and materials science, a bright new approach to directing nanoparticle self-assembly is reported in the current issue of "Nature." Using a magnetic field, researchers coaxed three different-sized particles at once to self-assemble into elegant, flower-like structures.
- Assembly not requiredWed, 31 Oct 2012, 16:34:59 EDT
- New structures self-assemble in synchronized danceWed, 21 Nov 2012, 16:04:08 EST
- Creating nano-structures from the bottom upTue, 24 Apr 2012, 14:22:43 EDT
- Iowa State, Ames Lab physicist says nanoparticle assembly is like building with LEGOsThu, 13 Oct 2011, 15:36:27 EDT
- Self-assembly of nano-rotorsTue, 23 Nov 2010, 13:04:07 EST