Wednesday, December 3, 2008 - 17:40 in Physics & Chemistry
A handful of sand contains countless grains, which interact with each other via friction and impact forces as they slip through your fingers. When a handful becomes a load in an excavator bucket, those interactions multiply exponentially.
- Uncovering the real dirt on granular flowWed, 3 Dec 2008, 16:57:32 EST
- Force is the key to granular state-shiftingSun, 17 Feb 2013, 10:04:14 EST
- New interactive system detects touch and gestures on any surface Tue, 9 Oct 2012, 18:05:59 EDT
- Wearable depth-sensing projection system makes any surface capable of multitouch interactionMon, 17 Oct 2011, 22:33:07 EDT
- Technique could help designers predict how legged robots will move on granular surfacesThu, 21 Mar 2013, 15:07:47 EDT