The La Nina Pacific Ocean cooling event continues to weaken, according to Dr. John Christy, director of the Earth System Science Center at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. Temperatures in the tropics were cooler than seasonal norms for the 12th straight month.
- Earth's early ocean cooled more than a billion years earlier than thought: Stanford studyWed, 11 Nov 2009, 14:07:52 EST
- Solar cycle linked to global climate, drives events similar to El Nino, La NinaThu, 16 Jul 2009, 13:15:30 EDT
- Tropical Atlantic sees weaker trade winds and more rainfallSun, 6 Feb 2011, 13:52:35 EST
- A cooler Pacific may have severely affected medieval Europe, North AmericaWed, 9 Jun 2010, 13:37:09 EDT
- Polar oceans key to temperature in the tropicsThu, 17 Jun 2010, 14:43:15 EDT