Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 06:00 in Earth & Climate
Australia has created the world's largest network of marine reserves and will restrict fishing as well as oil and gas exploration in a major step to safeguard the environment and access to food.
- Exploited fish make rapid comeback in world's largest no-take marine reserve networkMon, 23 Jun 2008, 12:49:25 EDT
- DNA evidence shows that marine reserves help to sustain fisheriesThu, 24 May 2012, 14:27:16 EDT
- World-class protection boosts Australia's Great Barrier ReefMon, 22 Feb 2010, 10:54:46 EST
- Naïve fish: Easy targets for spear fishersTue, 13 Nov 2012, 18:04:47 EST
- Participaton 'important for healthy marine parks'Mon, 22 Feb 2010, 10:27:42 EST