Robert Ward has been hunting and collecting meteorites for more than 20 years so he knew he'd found something special in the Sierra foothills along the path of a flaming fireball that shook parts of Northern California and Nevada with a sonic boom over the weekend.
- Meteorite triggered scientific gold rushThu, 20 Dec 2012, 20:02:28 EST
- Nullarbor fireball cameras find rare meteoriteFri, 18 Sep 2009, 9:08:13 EDT
- Meteorite from Sept. 25 fireball event recovered and presentedFri, 16 Oct 2009, 14:51:12 EDT
- Caltech scientists find new primitive mineral in meteoriteTue, 26 Jun 2012, 14:09:16 EDT
- Suzaku finds 'fossil' fireballs from supernovaeFri, 8 Jan 2010, 16:16:22 EST