To the world's military leaders, the debate over climate change is long over. They are preparing for a new kind of Cold War in the Arctic, anticipating that rising temperatures there will open up a treasure trove of resources, long-dreamed-of sea lanes and a slew of potential conflicts.
- Arctic heats up more than other placesFri, 16 Jan 2009, 11:21:52 EST
- Arctic river deltas may hold clues to future global climateMon, 18 May 2009, 12:25:15 EDT
- Long-term cooling trend in Arctic abruptly reverses, signaling potential for sea riseThu, 3 Sep 2009, 14:33:36 EDT
- More rain, less snow leads to faster Arctic ice meltTue, 5 Jul 2011, 9:33:06 EDT
- Scientists seek new emphases in Arctic climate change researchThu, 10 Sep 2009, 17:08:02 EDT