According to North Korea's official version of things, commemorated on postage stamps and re-enacted in mass performances, the country's first venture into space was 14 years ago, when the "Bright Shining Star 1" satellite roared into orbit and began broadcasting marching music praising Kim Il Sung.
- NASA, Google data show North Korea logging in protected areaMon, 17 May 2010, 15:43:35 EDT
- North Korea opens its doors to agroforestryFri, 27 Aug 2010, 10:16:27 EDT
- NASA sees Tropical Storm Meari headed for North Korea landfallFri, 24 Jun 2011, 17:01:52 EDT
- Korean researchers reveal new sea defense modelTue, 18 Jan 2011, 10:35:42 EST
- NASA satellites see Tropical Storm Muifa taking up the Yellow SeaMon, 8 Aug 2011, 13:35:37 EDT