Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 19:30 in Earth & Climate
A powerful earthquake Tuesday that centered along the Pacific coast of southern Mexico occurred in a region with a history of unleashing damaging jolts, scientists say.
- UCSB scientists obtain unique recordings of Easter earthquake in MexicoWed, 7 Apr 2010, 9:17:32 EDT
- 13-year Cascadia study complete – and Northwest earthquake risk looms largeWed, 1 Aug 2012, 14:09:35 EDT
- Scientists study earthquake triggers in Pacific OceanThu, 30 Jun 2011, 9:35:45 EDT
- Odds are about 1-in-3 that a mega-earthquake will hit the Northwest in the next 50 yearsMon, 24 May 2010, 13:33:46 EDT
- Tohoku grim reminder of potential for Pacific Northwest megaquakeTue, 21 Feb 2012, 22:31:43 EST