Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 12:31 in Paleontology & Archaeology
A new study suggests ancient humans made hand axes and other stone tools much earlier than believed, but didn't take them along when they left Africa.
- Later Stone Age got earlier start in South Africa than thoughtMon, 30 Jul 2012, 17:05:29 EDT
- Stone Age humans needed more brain power to make big leap in tool designWed, 3 Nov 2010, 17:36:01 EDT
- Humans shaped stone axes 1.8 million years ago, study saysWed, 31 Aug 2011, 22:40:45 EDT
- Modern humans reached Arabia earlier than thought, new artifacts suggestThu, 27 Jan 2011, 14:54:38 EST
- Lao skull earliest example of modern human fossil in Southeast AsiaMon, 20 Aug 2012, 16:04:12 EDT