Wednesday, November 19, 2008 - 17:21 in Paleontology & Archaeology
Bringing "Jurassic Park" one step closer to reality, scientists have deciphered much of the genetic code of the woolly mammoth, a feat they say could allow them to recreate the shaggy, prehistoric beast in as little as a decade or two.
- A mammoth task -- sorting out mammoth evolutionTue, 31 May 2011, 10:02:46 EDT
- The mammoths' swan song revisedMon, 14 Dec 2009, 15:36:27 EST
- Mobile DNA elements in woolly mammoth genome give new clues to mammalian evolutionMon, 8 Jun 2009, 17:44:15 EDT
- Researchers solve mammoth evolutionary puzzle: The woollies weren't picky, happy to interbreedTue, 31 May 2011, 10:02:36 EDT
- Dwindling green pastures, not hunting, may have killed off the mammothWed, 18 Aug 2010, 19:36:53 EDT