With climate change increasingly threatening the survival of plants and animals, scientists say it may become necessary to move some species to save them. Dubbed assisted colonization or assisted migration, the idea is to decide how severe the threat is to various species, and if they need help to deal with it.
- Intervention offers 'best chance' to save species endangered by climate changeThu, 17 Mar 2011, 14:36:28 EDT
- Assisted colonization key to species' survival in changing climateTue, 17 Feb 2009, 19:44:22 EST
- A question of heightThu, 2 Jul 2009, 16:51:23 EDT
- Racing the clock: Rapid climate change forces scientists to evaluate extreme conservation strategiesMon, 25 May 2009, 17:36:52 EDT
- Climate change forcing a 'move it or lose it' approach to species conservation?Fri, 1 Oct 2010, 14:36:45 EDT