Monday, August 20, 2012 - 17:00 in Physics & Chemistry
The failure of "rooftop" wind energy's most trumpeted start-up underscores the technology's challenges, but believers insist vertical turbines have their place.
- Offshore use of vertical-axis wind turbines gets closer lookMon, 30 Jul 2012, 23:21:45 EDT
- Bold new approach to wind 'farm' design may provide efficiency gainsWed, 13 Jul 2011, 15:36:39 EDT
- Study shows stability and utility of floating wind turbinesTue, 29 Jun 2010, 17:29:01 EDT
- Shifting winds in turbine arraysTue, 22 Oct 2013, 14:06:01 EDT
- Toward super-size wind turbines: Bigger wind turbines do make greener electricityThu, 21 Jun 2012, 12:34:18 EDT