Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 10:00 in Earth & Climate
From a solar mansion in China to a floating farm in New York, green buildings are sprouting up in cities around the world. Among their many benefits are curbing fossil-fuel use and reducing the urban heat island effect.
- Ecosystem, vegetation affect intensity of urban heat island effectTue, 15 Dec 2009, 17:58:13 EST
- ASU researcher outlines strategies to curb urban heat islandSun, 21 Feb 2010, 22:29:12 EST
- More frequent, more intense heat waves in store for New YorkThu, 29 Jul 2010, 11:16:43 EDT
- Urban underground holds sustainable energyMon, 28 Oct 2013, 11:24:11 EDT
- Big city life may make residents lean toward green, study saysTue, 18 Jan 2011, 9:00:36 EST