Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 17:30 in Earth & Climate
A warm, wet snap about 15 million years ago thawed Antarctica, allowing abundant greenery to grow along its coasts, a new study says.
- New data show much of Antarctica is warming more than previously thoughtWed, 21 Jan 2009, 13:45:41 EST
- Tropical climate in the AntarcticWed, 1 Aug 2012, 15:04:47 EDT
- Earth orbit changes key to Antarctic warming that ended last ice ageWed, 14 Aug 2013, 14:23:11 EDT
- Mysteriously warm times in AntarcticaThu, 19 Nov 2009, 13:31:14 EST
- Algae and pollen grains provide evidence of remarkably warm period in Antarctica's historyThu, 1 Oct 2009, 0:52:11 EDT