Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 18:30 in Astronomy & Space
At least two titanic eruptions on the sun created intense auroral displays this weekend, painting skies with rare hues.
- Aurora alert: The Sun is waking upMon, 2 Aug 2010, 17:30:09 EDT
- Astronomers watch delayed broadcast of a rare celestial eruptionWed, 15 Feb 2012, 23:32:33 EST
- Giant eruption reveals 'dead' starTue, 16 Jun 2009, 10:54:13 EDT
- 'X-shape' not true picture of chromosome structure, new imaging technique revealsWed, 25 Sep 2013, 14:12:59 EDT
- Yellowstone 'super-eruption' less super, more frequent than thoughtMon, 30 Apr 2012, 15:35:00 EDT