Monday, June 11, 2012 - 18:30 in Earth & Climate
Sparked by forces deep within ash plumes, volcanic lightning storms offer unprecedented views into the eruptions when monitored via radio sensors.
- New way found of monitoring volcanic ash cloudFri, 10 Dec 2010, 1:11:26 EST
- Volcanoes may have provided sparks and chemistry for first lifeThu, 16 Oct 2008, 15:14:51 EDT
- The overall channels of the lightning dischargesWed, 5 Nov 2008, 9:31:39 EST
- No Redoubt: Volcanic eruption forecasting improvedMon, 29 Apr 2013, 17:03:16 EDT
- NASA provides a 2-satellite view and video of the Chilean volcano eruptionThu, 9 Jun 2011, 17:05:34 EDT