Monday, March 12, 2012 - 17:01 in Astronomy & Space
An asteroid that slammed into the moon billions of years ago may explain strange patches of magnetic rock, new models suggest.
- Study puts solar spin on asteroid moon formationWed, 9 Jul 2008, 13:35:53 EDT
- Ancient lunar dynamo may explain magnetized moon rocksWed, 9 Nov 2011, 15:38:42 EST
- Splatters of molten rock signal period of intense asteroid impacts on EarthWed, 25 Apr 2012, 17:39:01 EDT
- University of Tennessee scientist searches for moons around asteroidsFri, 7 Oct 2011, 14:37:00 EDT
- New model reconciles the Moon's Earth-like composition with the giant impact theory of formationWed, 17 Oct 2012, 16:06:56 EDT